Help with Government Services and Benefits

My office is always happy to help you out if you need assistance from a federal agency, with enrolling in a federal program, or with receiving your government benefits.  Below you will find information on how the process works, how we can help, and contact information for our office if you'd like to speak with someone in person.

How the process works

  1. If you like, you can click here to use our online form to initiate contact with our office.  This will expedite the process as you will automatically be entered into our system, which will save time as we begin to work with you.
  2. Before we can contact any federal agency on your behalf, the Privacy Act of 1974 requires us to obtain your written consent.  Therefore, you will need to fill out a Privacy Release Form and return it to one of my district offices.  You can click here to find the contact information for those offices.  Feel free to fax the form, mail it in, or drop it off in person.  Once you have done that, we can open up a casefile for you.
  3. Someone from my staff will contact you within the next few days to gather more information for your casefile.  Before we contact any federal agency, we need to make sure we have all the relevant information and understand your situation.  This will helps us get you an resolution more quickly.
  4. We will contact the federal agency on your behalf, and will keep you updated as we work on your case.

What we can and cannot help you with

We can help you as you deal with nearly any federal agency (below you'll find a list of the most common requests).  Our role is to advocate on your behalf to get answers to your questions, help you enroll in programs you may be eligible for, and to help you if you think there has been an error with your paperwork or benefits payment. 

It must be stressed, however, that we cannot instruct federal agencies to reach a desired outcome, override their final decisions, or intervene on matters that are solely between private individuals and non-government entities such as businesses or financial institutions.

Additionally, we cannot advocate for your behalf if you need assistance with state or local government entities.  You can find contact information for state and local representatives by clicking here.

Most common requests for assistance

Here are the agencies we are most often asked for help with.  If your problem falls into one of these areas, you can follow each link for more detailed information and agency specific privacy release forms.

Contact information

279 Quartermaster Court
Jeffersonville, IN 47130
Phone: (812) 288-3999
Fax: (812) 288-3873

Monday through Friday
8:30 AM to 5:30 PM

320 W. 8th Street, Suite 114
Bloomington, IN 47404
Phone: (812) 336-3000
Fax: (812) 336-3355

Monday, Wednesday, Friday
8:30 AM to 5:30 PM

300 S. Madison Avenue
Greenwood, IN 46142
Phone: (812) 350-8956

Tuesday, Thursday
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM